Monday, March 16, 2020

homeschool - states of matter




I've been homeschool my preschooler for a few weeks now and will occasionally give my 1st grader homeschool work after school but today was the official day both of my kids were home due to the Coronavirus pandemic.

Today we were suppose to do a volcano experiment but upon opening the box I realized I had to actually make the volcano model and it would take 2 to 3 days to dry. Total fail! So I whipped up a little lesson on the states of matter in addition to their regular math and handwriting school work.

For the properties of matter introduction, I used Scholastic's Watch & Learn Library under the Physical Science & Engineering section. I printed two different "Think Sheets", one in Spanish for my 1st grader and one in English for my preschooler. I then looked online for free worksheets that would help them understand the concept.


This worksheet is from Mrs. Thompson's Treasures website. We also used a Chemistry set from Lakeshore Learning that helped demonstrate the difference between liquid and gas. The rest of time was spent working on workbooks, math and playing with linking cubes. For the most part, we had a pretty productive day, with the kids only watching tv while I was making dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment