Saturday, January 31, 2015

free museum day - LACMA

Jathan wanted to spend a day going to museums, but he didn't know that it was free museum day. We attempted to go to MOCA because they have an Andy Warhol exhibit. When we drove pass the entrance to find parking, there was an extremely long line. Instead of dealing with the headache of downtown parking and the long line, we went to LACMA. This was a much better experience.

When we got there, they told me about NexGen. It's a free youth membership program for kids under 18 years old. They get free admission, including one accompanying adult. This is an awesome program and we will be going to LACMA more frequently now.


Before exploring the exhibits, we made reservations to eat at Ray's restaurant. Special thank you to Weeze and Vince for the complimentary champagne (of course, a non-alcoholic version for me) and chocolate dessert, it was a nice treat for Jathan and I. Now that we're parents and are living off of one income, we don't eat at nice restaurants very often anymore. If it weren't for my friends, we would of settled for the food trucks in front of the museum, which also smelled delicious as we walked by them. Ideally, I would make lunches to save money but I haven't quite mastered the art of making good picnic style lunches that we both like to eat.

These days Brookie doesn't like sitting in high chairs and I am not sure when and why that became a problem. So for the entire meal, she was on my lap.








This was Jathan's idea to have me lay on the bench with my hat on my face. He's comes up with some really interesting ideas. When it comes to photography, he is definitely more creative than I am.



I am glad Jathan made me go out today. I was really adamant in going because I wanted to stay home all day to do errands and work on a dresser we bought on Craigslist for Brookie's room. 




No comments:

Post a Comment